How To Write Better Law Essays, 2nd edition
Tools & Techniques for Success in Exams & Assignments
By Steve Foster
Distributed by Trans-Atlantic Publications
$39.50 Paper original
Many students find the demands of undergraduate law coursework and exams daunting. How to Write Better Law Essays helps them tackle legal assignments with confidence, providing a step-by-step guide to planning, writing and succeeding in all forms of law assessment.
Part 1 Preparing and Writing Law Assignments
Chapter 1 Writing law assessments on undergraduate courses: General Good Practice
Chapter 2 Presentation of law assessments
Part 2 Writing Legal Essays: Specific Legal Skills
Chapter 3 Using legal materials
Chapter 4 Legal referencing and citation
Chapter 5 Good and Bad Essays
Part 3 Answering Problem and Examination Questions
Chapter 6 Answering Problem Questions
Chapter 7 Preparing for and Answering Exam Questions
Part 4 Tackling Extended Essays and Projects
Chapter 8 Researching and Writing Advanced Essays
Chapter 9 Researching and Writing Postgraduate Assignments
The second edition includes:
- Coverage of all main types of law assessment including legal essays, problem questions, exam questions, extended and advanced essays, projects, postgraduate work and dissertations.
- Annotated sample writing to illustrate good vs. bad technique with commentary to help students spot and avoid poor practices and improve writing performance.
- Example boxes to show how to apply the principles taught in the text
- Useful tips on study skills
- A dedicated companion website with practice exercises for each chapter, 'You be the marker' activity to help further hone your writing skills, and more sample writing.
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications