By Prab Bhatt
Pearson Education / Longman
$97.50 Paper original
The only Structures book the student needs to buy! A clear, comprehensive & practical guide to a core topic in civil/structural engineering, satisfying the textbook requirements of three years of study.
1. Analysis of Statically Determinate Structures.
2. Influence Lines for Statically Determinate Structures.
3. Simple Stress Systems.
4. Deformation of Elements.
5. Deformation of Structures.
6. Stiffness Method.
7. Moment Distribution Method.
8. Elastic Stability Analysis.
9. Structural Dynamics.
10. Virtual Work and Energy Principles.
11. Limit Analysis of Plane Frames.
Appendix 1: Theory of Elasticity and Engineer's Theory of Stress Analysis.
Appendix 2: Approximate Analysis of Rigid-Jointed Frames.
FeaturesReturn to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications
• Enables the student to obtain a thorough understanding of the techniques available to analyze and predict stress in any structure.
• Provides a clear explanation of theory applied to real structures/practical situations.
• Well-supported by worked examples and problems throughout.
• Wealth of practical, real-life examples reinforce learning and demonstrate the subject's practical relevance.
• Addresses the needs of today's mathematically poor undergraduates by covering extra introductory material.
• Written in readable, accessible style which is less theoretical than competitive texts.