TCP/IP Basics, Implementation &
Applications. Includes CD ROM
By Sergio Scaglia
Distributed By Trans-Atlantic Publications, Inc.
Pearson / Addison-Wesley
603 Pages, Illustrated
$110.00 paper original
Economics 4th edition is a concise introduction to the core principles of economics, aimed at students taking their first, and probably only, one semester course in Economics. These students may be taking a business related degree, or may be from other degree schemes in the university taking a service course in Introductory Economics.
There is a balanced split between the micro and macro economics section and the use of case studies and numerous examples makes this a lively little book for the reader. The real difference that this book offers the student is the amount and variety of questioning material that will really test their understanding.
THE NATURE OF ECONOMICS
1. THE SUBJECT MATTER OF ECONOMICS
PART ONE: MICROECONOMICS
2. DEMAND, SUPPLY AND MARKET EQUILIBRIUM
4. CONSUMER THEORY
5. PRODUCTION AND COSTS
6. THEORY OF THE FIRM: PERFECT COMPETITION AND MONOPOLY
7. THEORY OF THE FIRM: MONOPOLISTIC COMPETITION AND OLIGOPOLY
8. WAGES, RENT AND PROFIT
9. REGULATION, DEREGULATION AND COMPETITION
10. THE ENVIRONMENT
PART TWO: MACROECONOMICS
11. NATIONAL INCOME AND ITS DETERMINATION
12. PUBLIC EXPENDITURE, TAXATION & FISCAL POLICY
13. MONEY, FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS AND MONETARY POLOICY
14. EXCHANGE RATES & THE BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
15. UNEMPLOYMENT AND INFLATION
16. INTERNATIONAL TRADE, INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTIONS & GLOBALISATION
17. ECONOMIC INTEGRATION & THE EUROPEAN UNION
18. GROWTH, SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT & THE LESS DEVELOPED COUNTRIES
· Simple & clear explanations of key economic ideas make it easy for a student taking economics for the first time to get to grips with.
· Clear & well explained diagrams to aid understanding of key theories.
· Cases & exercises help students to make the connection between theory and real life as well as practice what they are learning.
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications