The fifth edition of Electronics: A Systems Approach is an outstanding introduction to this fast-moving, important field. Fully updated, it covers the latest changes and developments in the world of electronics. It continues to use Neil Storey’s well-respected systems approach, firstly explaining the electrical circuits concepts to build students' confidence and understanding, before looking at electronics systems. This allows the student to contextualise what the system is designed to achieve, before tackling the intricacies of the individual components.
The book also offers an integrated treatment of analogue and digital electronics, highlighting and exploring the common ground between the two fields.
New Premium Website:
- Access your textbook whenever you need it with an annotatable, fully searchable eBook.
- Liven up your learning or revision with over 100 video tutorials that explain key concepts.
- Test your knowledge with interactive quizzes.
- Downloadable simulation demo files to use with exercises in the text.
- A major new chapter on Communications including both analogue and digital techniques.
- A new chapter on Electric Motors and Generators.
- New sections on the Design of Sequential Logic and Implementing Complex Gates in CMOS.
- An extended treatment of topics such as Power Dissipation in Digital Systems, Timers, Microcomputer Programming and System on a Chip (SOC) Devices.
- New Further Study exercises at the end of each chapter, based on engaging real-world problems.
- Provides an integrated treatment of analogue and digital electronics, highlighting and exploring the common ground between the two fields.
- Includes an introduction to basic electrical engineering circuits and components, so the book can be used as a stand-alone text for introductory courses in both Electronics and Electrical Engineering.
- Learning is reinforced by chapter objectives and summaries throughout the book
- Students encounter real-life applications through the worked examples and exercises.
PART 1 ELECTRICAL CICRUITS AND COMPONENTS
1 Basic Electrical circuits and components
2 Measurement of Voltages and Currents
3 Resistance and DC Circuits
4 Capacitance and Electric Fields
5 Inductance and Magnetic Fields
6 Alternating Voltages and Currents
7 Power in AC Circuits
8 Electric Motors and Generators
9 Frequency Characteristics of AC Circuits
10 Transient Behaviour
PART 2 ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS
11 Electronic Systems
15 Control and Feedback
16 Operational Amplifiers
17 Semiconductors and Diodes
18 Filed-effect Transistors
19 Bipolar Junction Transistors
20 Power Electronics
21 Internal Circuitry of Operational Amplifiers
22 Noise and EMC
23 Positive Feedback, Oscillators and Stability
24 Digital Systems
25 Sequential Logic
26 Digital Devices
27 Implementing Digital Designs
29 Data Acquisition and Conversion
30 System Design