Contractual Procedures in the Construction Industry, 6th UK edition
By Allan Ashworth
$107.00 Paper Original
Contractual Procedures in the Construction Industryaims to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the subject and reinforces the changes that are taking place within the construction industry, such as how it is organised and the way in which consultants, contractors, subcontractors and all of those involved in the supply chain obtain work.
This book, now in its sixth edition, is an indispensible companion for students taking undergraduate courses in Building and Surveying, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, and Project Management. It is also suitable for students on HND/C courses in Building and Construction Management as well as foundation degree courses in Building and Construction Management.
New content includes:
- A new chapter has been added on Public Private Partnerships (PPP) and the Private Finance Initiative.
- A revised section of the book now deals with generic principles about the conditions of contracts, which can be applied to all forms of contract.
Table of Contents
List of Figures
List of Tables
List of Boxes
Table of relevant statutes
Part 1 Contract Law
1. The English Legal System
2. Legal Aspects of Contracts
3. Discharge of Contracts
4. Remedies for Breach of Contract
5. Settlement of Disputes
Part 2 Procurement.
6. Forms of Contract
7. Contract Strategy
8. Contract Procurement
9. Contract Selection
10. Contract Documents
11. Design and Build
12. Procurement in the Twenty-First Century
13. Lean Construction
14. Public Private Partnerships (PPP) and the Private Finance Initiative (PFI)
Part 3 Process and Parties
15. Partnering and Supply Chain Management
16. The Construction Process.
17. Parties Involved in the Construction of Buildings.
18. Site Communications.
19. Construcing Excellence in the Built Environment
20. Health and Safety
21. Sustainable Construction
Part 4 Standard form of Building Contract
22. Introduction, Articles of Agreement, Appendix
23. Quality of Work During Construction
24. Costs of Construction
25. Time Factor of Construction
26. Works by Other Persons
27. Injury and Insurance of the Works
28. Fluctuations in the Costs
29. Financial Matters
30. Clauses of a General Nature
Appendix A Professional Bodies in the Built Environment
Appendix B Cases of Interest
Appendix C Built Environment Web Sites
Appendix D Bibliography
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications