UK Government & Politics, 3rd edition
By Philip Lynch & Paul Fairclough
Distributed by the Trans-Atlantic Publications
350 Pages, Illustrated
$57.50 Paper original
The best-selling AS UK Government & Politics has been completely updated for the new specifications following the 2010 general election. Written specifically to meet the needs of AS students, it provides comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date coverage of topics for all exam boards.
The content is carefully structured around the specifications. It combines informed discussion with the most up-to-date facts and figures and includes the following features:
• Definitions of key terms and concepts to help understanding and revision.
• Weblinks and associated activities.
• What you should know summaries at the end of each chapter
• Exam focus sections at the end of each chapter offering source-based exercises relating to the text as well as assignments for extension work, drawing on suggested reading and website listings.
New for this edition:
• Free extra content available on www.hodderplus.co.uk/philipallan including web-based extension tasks, PowerPoint summaries and revision advice.
• UK/US comparison boxes designed to extend knowledge and stretch and challenge students.
• Viewpoint boxes answering controversial questions.
- Suitable for all awarding bodies
- Comprehensive and authoritative topic coverage
- Up-to-date data
- Lively, full-colour design
Table of Contents:
Section 1 People and politics
Chapter 1 Democracy and participation
Chapter 2 Elections and voting
Chapter 3 Political parties: policies
Chapter 4 Political parties: structure
Chapter 5 Pressure groups (shorter)
Section 2 Governing the UK
Chapter 6 The constitution
Chapter 7 Parliament
Chapter 8 The prime minister and the core executive
Chapter 9 Judges and civil liberties
Chapter 10 Devolution and local government
Chapter 11 The European Union
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications