The best-selling This is Citizenship course has been revised and updated to provide a structured programme of flexible activities which cover all the key concept, range and content requirements of the 2008 Citizenship national curriculum.
This is Citizenship 2 builds on the skills developed in This is Citizenship 1. It provides case studies and activities for use in Year 8, which look at the core themes of:
2. Identites and ethnic diversity
3. The law and young people
The classroom-friendly activities are carefully designed to:
- be flexible for use on their own or as part of your own school-designed scheme of work
- be accessible to all abilities and easy to prepare and use
- promote knowledge and understanding and to develop the essential skills and processes
- allow you to incorporate local initiatives which reflect the needs of your own school community.
The Pupil's Book is comprehensively supported by:
- a Teacher's Resource Book which provides further help with differentiation and assessment
- a Dynamic Learning CD-ROM which provides all the resources from the Pupil's Book and Teacher's Resource Book, as well as additional resources, for use via an interactive whiteboard or data projector.