Law for Business Students,
5th UK edition
By Alix Adams
Distrubuted by Trans-Atlantic Publications Inc.
$82.50 Paper Original
OUT OF PRINT
Law for Business Students provides an approachable introduction to the law for those new to the subject or studying law as part of a non-law degree. Alix Adams’ writing style brings the subject to life and encourages you to apply the law to your own experiences and the world around you.
Contents; Guided tour, Acknowledgements, Preface; Table of cases; Table of statutes, Table of statutory instruments; Table of European and international legislation; 1 Getting started: an introduction to studying law , 2 How the law is made 3 Resolving legal disputes, 4 The law of contract: offer and acceptance, 5 The law of contract: consideration, intention and privity; 6 The terms of the contract; 7 Defects in the contract: misrepresentation, mistake, duress and undue influence; 8 More defects: illegality and incapacity; 9 Discharge of the contract and remedies for breach; 10 The law of agency; 11 Sale of goods: the contract and its terms; 12 Sale of goods: transfer of ownership, performance and remedies for breach of contract; 13 Tort liability for defective goods; 14 Tort liability for defective services; 15 Tort liability for premises; 16 Rights at work: the contract of employment and health and safety at work; 17 Rights at work: protection against discrimination; 18 Rights at work: protection against dismissal and redundancy; 19 Business organization; 20 Forming a registered company; 21 Running the company: raising and maintaining capital; 22 Daily management of the company: functions of directors, secretary and auditors; 23 Company meetings and shareholder participation; 24 Statutory intellectual property protection: copyright, designs, patents and trade marks; 25 Common law protection of intellectual property: passing off, malicious falsehood and breach of confidence; 26 Study skills, and revision and examination hints
- Learning objectives, chapter introductions and summaries to help structure your reading, aid navigation and ensure you understand the key points
- Real life examples highlight how the law works in everyday situations
- In the news features focus on topical and recent cases or issues and address how the law is relevant today
- End of chapter key terms provide clear definitions for technical or legal terms
- Quizzes allow you to test your knowledge on the key points in each chapterwhileweb activities encourage further exploration of the law as it relates to you
- Assignments, Worth thinking about?, andTake a closer look features all encourage you to think in more detail about the law and discuss some more complex issues
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications