English Legal System
By Stefan Fafinski & Emily Finch
Distributed By Trans-Atlantic Publications, Inc.
Pearson / Longman
176 Pages, Illustrated, 5 3/4 x 8 1/4"
$32.50 Paper Original
Law Express: English Legal System is designed to help you to relate all the reading and study throughout your course specifically to exam and assignment situations. Understand quickly what is required, organise your revision, and learn the key points with ease, to get the grades you need. Tested with examiners and students.Contents
Chapter 1: Legislation and its interpretation
Chapter 2: EC law
Chapter 3: The institutions
Chapter 4: The doctrine of judicial precedent
Chapter 5: Criminal procedure
Chapter 6: Civil procedure and alternative dispute resolution
Chapter 7: Appeals
Chapter 8: Personnel
• Checklists and topic maps begin each chapter, to help you plan your revision.
• Exam tips give pointers to improve exam performance and problem areas identified to help you avoid common errors.
• Key statutes and cases are highlighted so you know which ones to focus on.
• Essay and problem questions with suggested answers help you practice your exam and essay technique.
Test your knowledge online with the supporting website:
• Build your own revision plan and analyse your weaknesses through the study plan generator.
• Test your knowledge of the key cases, legislation and principles through interactive tests, problem scenarios and virtual flashcards.
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications