Coaching for Schools
A Practical Guide to Building Leadership Capacity
By Judith Tolhurst
Distributed By Trans-Atlantic Publications, Inc.
Pearson / Longman
248 Pages, Illustrated, 6 3/4 x 9 1/2"
$79.50 paper original
OUT OF PRINT
Coaching for Schools is a practical, hands-on guide and should be essential reading for teaching professionals at every level, wanting an accessible and engaging introduction to the concept of coaching and the tools needed to put it into practice. It is a powerful aid to any school hoping to develop distributed leadership.
Whether you are new to a leadership role as a subject or team leader or are a more experienced leader, responsible for the professional development or performance management of a large team, this book will add to your skills toolkit. It will help any school develop a sustainable leadership team.Contents
1. What is coaching?
2. The essential skills of coaching
3. The coaching process
4. How to develop a coaching culture in your school
5. Coaching to make a difference
6. Coaching and performance management
7. Coaching and middle leadership
8. Coaching and strategic development
9. Coaching the team
10. Coaching and distributed leadership
Packed with examples, ideas and techniques to help develop your coaching skills this invaluable book will enable you to:
- understand what coaching is all about
- bring coaching to life in a real school setting
- improve their interpersonal skills
- build an effective team and develop their leadership capacity
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications