Your Education Project Handbook
By Anthony Coles & Jim McGrath
Distrubuted by Trans-Atlantic Publications Inc.
$47.50 Paper Original
This concise and accessible text is designed to prepare novice researchers in the planning, implementation, evaluation and writing-up of a small-scale research project, from first idea to finished product.
Assuming no prior research experience, this text will provide the support and guidance needed to begin writing a research project or dissertation in Education. The nature of research will be introduced, followed by advice on formulating a manageable set of objectives, selecting an appropriate research strategy and evaluating data. The fictional case study running throughout the book and conversational style help provide the simple, honest information that any student needs before undertaking a small-scale research project. This readable introduction will help students de-mystify the basics of writing a research project.
Tutorial 1: Getting started
Tutorial 2: How to structure your research report
Tutorial 3: Writing your literature review
Tutorial 4: Choosing your research methodology
Tutorial 5: Research strategies – case studies, action research and surveys
Tutorial 6: Gathering your data – interviews and observations
Tutorial 7: Gathering your data – documents and questionnaires
Tutorial 8: Analysis of qualitative data
Tutorial 9: Analysis of quantitative data
Tutorial 10: Some final advice
- Student-friendly text using simple and accessible language – no jargon
- Structured to cover the whole research process following planning, implementation, evaluation and writing-up of a project
- A fictional case study running through the entire book, following a student undertaking a research project about mentoring. The case study follows conversations between the student and the lecturer, addressing key questions, problems and solutions throughout the process.
- Adopts a narrative, rather than academic, style, featuring snippets of conversations between a student and a lecturer
- Glossary of key terms
- Companion website containing blank proformas and other downloadable materials
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications