Training to Teach In the Learning & Skills Sector
From Threshold Award to QTLS
By Liz Keeley-Browne
Distributed By Trans-Atlantic Publications, Inc.
Pearson / Prentice Hall
220 Pages, Illustrated, 7 1/2 x 9 3/4"
$67.50 paper original
This brand-new text is essential reading for anyone training to teach in the learning and skills sector. It takes a pragmatic approach, relating theory to real practice through a wealth of cases, illustrations and interactive tasks in every chapter.
The text offers clear, accessible and highly practical guidance and support, whether you are at the beginning of your training or already qualified, needing to update your skills and wanting recognition as Qualified to Teach: Learning and Skills (QTLS).
1. The context for change: new professional standards for teachers in the learning and skills sector
2. Professional values: a focus on entitlement, equality and inclusiveness
3. Professional practice: creating effective and stimulating opportunities
4. Professional skills: planning learning programmes to meet the needs and expectations of learners
5. Theory and practice: secure knowledge and understanding of what it means to teach
6. The new technologies for teaching: using ILT as an enhancement to learning
7. The curriculum contextualised: secure knowledge and understanding of the subject and curriculum
8. Skills for the twenty-first century: using the learner’s experience as a foundation for their learning
9. Assessment: using feedback as a tool for learning and progression
10. Helping learners to achieve their full potential: providing effective support to learners
11. Enhancing learner behaviour: establishing and maintaining an effective learning environment
12. Continuing professional development: developing by participating in formal and information professional activitiesFeatures
- Each chapter is closely linked to the new standards, ensuring you meet the new legislative requirements.
- Interactive tasks and portfolio tasks in every chapter encourage you to engage with your learning and reflect on your own practice.
- References and links to useful websites are provided throughout the text.
- The book is accompanied by a website at www.pearsoned.co.uk/keeley-browne, providing downloadable templates and extra resources to print and use in practice.
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications