Personality & Individual Differences
By Terence Butler & Laura Scurlock-Evans
Distributed by the Trans-Atlantic Publications
310 Pages, Illustrated
$32.50 Paper original
This revision guide provides concise coverage of the central topics within Personality, Individual Difference and Intelligence Psychology, presented within a framework designed to help you focus on assessment and exams. The guide is organised to cater for QAA and BPS recommendations for course content.
Sample questions, assessment advice and exam tips drive the organisation within chapters so you are able to grasp and marshal your thoughts towards revision of the main topics. Features focused on critical thinking, practical applications and key research will offer additional pointers for you in your revision process and exam preparation.
A companion website provides supporting resources for self testing, exam practice, answers to questions in the book, and links to further resources.
Guided tour of the companion website
2. Dispositional approaches to personality
3. Biological theories of personality
4. Learning theory models of personality
5. Cognitive and humanistic (phenomenological) models of personality
6. Psychodynamic personality theories
7. Stability, consistency and change in personality traits
8. Describing intelligence
9. Explaining intelligence
11. Applications of personality and individual differences
And finally, before the exam...
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications