Think more deeply and work more independently at A level History through a carefully thought-out enquiry approach from SHP.
Enquiring History: It makes you think!
The OFSTED report on school history suggests that the current generation of A Level students have been poorly served by exam-based textbooks which spoon-feed students while failing to enthuse them or develop deeper understandings of studying History
The Schools History Project has risen to this challenge with a new series for the next generation. Enquiring History is SHP's fresh approach to Advanced Level History that aims:
- To motivate and engage readers
- To help readers think and gain independence as learners
- To encourage enquiry, and deeper understanding of periods and the people of the past
- To engage with current scholarship
- To prepare A Level students for university
Key features of each Student book
- Clear compelling narrative - books are designed to be read cover to cover
- Structured enquiries - that explore the core content and issues of each period
- 'Insight' panels between enquiries provide context, overview, and extension
- Full colour illustrations throughout