Making Sense of Maths: Sorting Letters, Workbook
Sequences, Formulas, Expanding & Factorising
By Paul Dickinson, et al.
Distributed by Trans-Atlantic Publications
40 pages, Illustrated
$11.95 Paper original
Making Sense of Maths is the only series that develops conceptual understanding.
This series will motivate, engage and develop the conceptual understanding of students at KS3 and KS4.
Students build their own problem solving strategies based on their understanding of the world around them which then support them to tackle functional questions.
The write-in workbook provides students with an opportunity to consolidate and apply techniques they have learnt from the student book activities that build mathematical understanding from within real world contexts. Answers to the exercises are provided in the teacher book.
Making Sense of Maths has been based on Realistic Maths Education (RME) and extensively trialled in KS3 and KS4 classrooms in the UK by a team from Manchester Metropolitan University.
- Use alongside existing resources or on its own
- Ideal for Year 10s heading for the C/D borderline
- Ideal for intervention groups
- Supports the move from modular to linear specifications by improving knowledge retention
- Provides support for good teaching and learning under the current Ofsted criteria
- Builds confidence and motivation
- Addresses misconceptions
- Each title covers a different set of topics
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications