Games, Ideas & Activities for Primary Music
By Donna Minto
Distrubuted by Trans-Atlantic Publications Inc.
294 pages, Illustrated
$44.50 Paper Original
Games, Ideas and Activities for Primary Music is a handy tool for Primary Music teachers; it is packed full of simple activities for your classroom and is organised by skill – singing, rhythm, playing, listening. Activities can be easily adapted to suit different classes or topics and help you to feel more confident teaching Music. Prior musical knowledge is not necessary to use these activities, and a glossary of music terminology is included. Cross-curricular links inspire creativity across the primary curriculum and brighten up your classroom!
This resource will provide a strong base of accessible ideas to help bring music lessons to life.
- Activities organised by skill – singing, rhythm, playing, listening
- Contains a music glossary to help de-mystify musical terminology
- “Useful resources” section
- Cross-curricular links to inspire creativity across the primary curriculum
- Activities can be easily adapted to suit different classes or topics
- Contains a section of advanced activities, for more adventurous teachers
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
*A description of what can be found in the book.
*An “ideal” classroom set up for teaching music.
*Basic ground rules required in any music activity.
*An explanation of the way the activities are presented.
Section 1- Singing Activities
Section 2 – Rhythm Activities
Section 3 – Listening Activities
Section 4 – Playing/Performing Activities
(Approximately 30 – 40 activities in each section)
A Music Glossary
Useful resources for singing material
Useful resources for listening material
Useful resources for playing material
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications