Establishing Interactive English, Vol. 9
Edited By Linda Hill & Zoe Livingstone
Distributed by Trans-Atlantic Publications
90 pages, Illustrated
$26.50 Paper original
Interactive English is a complete yet flexible package of resources for English departments to support the teaching of the revised Key Stage 3 curriculum to pupils of all abilities and by experienced and newly qualified teachers alike. Teachers will be guided through this comprehensive set of resources via a printed Teacher's Book and a Dynamic Learning Teacher's Resource. Each year every pupil will have a Pupil's Book tailored to the ability level (approximated to NC levels) they are working at which guides them through the essential language and skills work, plus a Pupil's 'lite' version of Dynamic Learning on CD-ROM for independent use on a PC at school or at home.
The Year 9 package includes a full-colour Teacher's Book, a Dynamic Learning Teacher's Resource and a three Pupil's Books for pupils working from NC Level 3 to NC Level 6. Each Pupil's Book (Establishing, Developing and Extending) includes language skills and functions presentation and practice material and contains a Pupil's DL CD-ROM with digital presentation material and interactive practice activities for pupils to work on independently.
The 'Developing' Pupil's Book (core) supports pupils working at NC Levels 4-5 with presentations, examples and practice exercises. Each page spread is a carefully graded version of the 'core' material so that all pupils in each class are working with the same material but at their own level.
- Comprehensive and engaging coverage of the full range and content in revised KS3 English programme of study with presentation and practice material.
- Fully differentiated Pupil's Materials exemplifies personalisation within the classroom - three Pupil's Books for each year, enables teachers with mixed ability classes to have all pupils working on the same texts with carefully designed tasks and activities tailored to their NC level.
- Tailored to meet the needs of pupils working at NC Levels 4-5, comprehensively supported by the Year 9 Teacher's Book and DL Teacher's Resource.
- Each book is accompanied by a Pupil's Dynamic Learning CD-ROM which contains digital presentations of language work together with interactive activities for use on a PC at school or at home.
- Full coverage of level 1 functional skills standards for reading and writing required at KS3.
Table of Contents:
Return to the Trans-Atlantic Home Page