English Skills for Language & Literature
Edited By John Nield
Distrubuted by Trans-Atlantic Publications Inc.
$32.50 Paper Original
AQA GCSE English: Skills for Language and Literature allows students to develop their reading, writing, speaking & listening skills to achieve the best results in their exams and controlled assessment. Focused on the Assessment Objectives, the book helps students develop their portable skills and apply them to the new AQA English, English Language and English Literature specifications. Written by a senior examiner and advanced skills teachers, this skills book is essential for success.
AQA GCSE English: Skills for Language and Literature includes:
• Sections on reading, writing, speaking & listening and literature, which emphasise how the skills are applied in the exams and in the new controlled assessment, and reflect the life-long learning approach.
• Stimulating source material with associated tasks designed to develop skills.
• Samples of student work, accompanied in each case by examiner comments that will help students to make sense of the world of assessment and distinguish between grades.
• Examiner comments on how to improve grades to enable students to assess their own responses and increase their grades.
• Assessment for learning activities to allow students to practise their skills.
• A full glossary of terms.
This accessible, skills-focused text is essential reading for all AQA GCSE English students.
Also in the series:
AQA GCSE English: Skills for Language & Literature Teacher Resource Pack + CD (978-0-340-96561-0)
AQA GCSE English Skills for Achieving an A* Textbook (978-1-4441-1081-4)
Workbooks sold in packs of 5 and 10 for:
• AQA GCSE English and English Language Unit 1: Understanding and Producing Non-Fiction Texts
• AQA GCSE English Literature Unit 1: Exploring Modern Texts
• AQA GCSE English Unit 3: Understanding and Producing Creative Texts
• AQA GCSE English Language Unit 3: Understanding Spoken and Written Texts and Writing Creatively
- Written by a senior examiner and advanced skills teachers
- Focuses on the skills prescribed by the Assessment Objectives
- Offers a combined approach to teaching all three AQA English courses
- Features practice and graded examplar student material for exams and controlled assessment
- Packed with creative activities and exercises to help develop core skills
Table of Contents:
Section 1 Reading
Chapter 1 Assessment objectives for reading
Section 2 Writing
Chapter 2 Assessment objectives for writing
Chapter 3 Forms, audience, purpose and styles
Chapter 4 Writing Unit 1: Producing non-fiction texts
Section 3 Speaking and listening
Chapter 5 Assessment objectives for speaking and listening
Chapter 6 Assessment: studying spoken language
Section 4 Literature
Chapter 7 Responding to literature
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications