Conflict in the Middle East: Israel and the Arabs
Hodder 20th Century History
By Michael Scott-Baumann
Distributed By Trans-Atlantic Publications
64 Pages, Illustrated, 8 1/4 x 10 3/4"
$27.50 paper original
Hodder Graphics: A Kestrel for a Knave is a graphic text designed to support teaching of A Kestrel for a Knave for the GCSE English Literature exam. Its visual representation combined with its simple approach make it accessible to students across a range of abilities.
The Graphic Book will provide an overview of the set text with plot and characters clearly delineated, but will also focus on aspects of the text that examiners find students struggle with most in the exam.
- Support students in their understanding of the cultural and historial background to the text
- Uses text extracts to develop language analysis work
- Focuses on plot, characterisation, theme, language and structure as specified int he Assessment Objectives
- Graphic format makes Literature texts accessible to students of all abilities
- Develops a clear understanding of the whole text - its plot and structure - for students who struggle with maintaining an overview
- Focuses on the Assessment Objectives and what students need for the exam through work on plot, characterisation, theme, language and structure
- Supports aspects of the text that examiners have identified that students struggle with
About the Author(s):
Phil Page is the co-author of the successful Shakespeare Graphics and Livewire Graphics series for Hodder Murray.
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications