Access to Religion & Philosophy
By Michael Wilcockson
Distributed by Trans-Atlantic Publications
172 pages, Illustrated
$36.50 Paper original
This book is endorsed by OCR for use with the Christian Theology unit of the OCR AS Religious Studies specification. It is also designed to challenge students to go beyond the specification and can therefore be used as an introduction to theology for the general reader as well as those preparing to study theology at university.
- Key questions throughout the chapters to help students focus on key issues
- Key terms defined and explained throughout the chapters
- Profiles of key individuals - their contribution and significance
- Summary diagrams to aid revision
- Revision checklists at the end of chapters
- Exam-style questions and tips at the end of each chapter.
- Redesigned to allow greater accessibility to a wide range of post-16 students.
- New features such as definitions, summaries and exam tips to aid students' understanding, revision and essay writing techniques.
- Written by a senior examiner of the course.
- In-depth coverage of specific issues to help students access higher grades.
Table of Contents:
Part 1 Foundations of Christian Theology
1. Human nature
2. God and creation
3. Knowledge of God
4. The person of Christ
5. Bible authority and interpretation
Part 2 Liberation Theology
6. The birth of liberation theology
7. Praxis, the mediations and Marx
8. Liberative hermeneutics
9. Base communities
10. The future of liberation theology
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications