AQA GCSE Biology
By Christine Woodward & Toby Houghton
Distributed by Trans-Atlantic Publications
238 pages, Illustrated
$56.00 Paper original
Make the change in GCSE Science a change for the better using the only AQA GCSE Biology Student's Book that delivers:
- better tools to achieve top grades
- better support for practical science
- better guidance for Controlled Assessment
- better digital support available anytime, anywhere via Dynamic Learning
For high-achieving students who want the very best grades, this Student's Book for GCSE Biology contains a wide range of practical activities to support different teaching and learning styles, as well as exciting real science examples to enthuse students to implement their practical science skills in their lessons and controlled assessment tasks.
Written by an experienced teacher and senior examiner with specific AQA GCSE Science expertise, there are 'Boost your grade' boxes and 'Test yourself' questions to support A* candidates, ensuring they have the right knowledge and proficiency to get top marks in the new AQA GCSE course.
The Student's Book is supported by Dynamic Learning resources, revision material and CPD/teacher workshops to help your students learn and to help you teach the AQA GCSE Science course with confidence. Visit www.hoddereducation.co.uk/aqascience2011 for details.
- Packed with 'Test yourself' questions to identify areas where students need to consolidate learning
- Exciting practical work activities to engage and focus high-achieving students
- 'Exam Corner' feature to help students practise what they have learnt and boost grades
- 'How Science Works' material clearly identified throughout the books helping students to develop the skills required for Controlled Assessment
- Free access to Multimedia Personal Tutors, which can be used on a whiteboard for whole-class teaching or as an individual student learning resource
Table of Contents:
1 Keeping healthy
2 Nerves and hormones
3 Interdependence and adaptation
4 Genetic variation and evolution
5 Cells, tissues and organs
6 Photosynthesis, organisms and communities
7 Enzymes: function, industrial uses and their role in exercise
8 How do our bodies pass on characteristics?
9 Why are diffusion and active transport so important to living things?
10 How materials are transported around an organism
11 How our bodies keep internal conditions constant
12 Humans and their environment
Return to the Trans-Atlantic Home Page