AQA(B) Psychology for AS
By Donald Pennington & Julie McLouchlin
Distributed By Trans-Atlantic Publications
391 Pages, Illustrated, 7 1/2 x 9 5/8"
$57.50 Paper Original
Brand new for the AQA(B) 2008 specifications, AQA(B) Psychology for AS is the complete textbook for the new AS Level specification. Written by experienced senior examiners Julie McLoughlin and Donald Pennington, best-selling authors of Introducing Psychology: Approaches, Topics & Methods and Advanced Psychology: Child Development, Perspectives & Methods, this is the ideal resource for the new AQA(B) specification.
Covering all the topic areas of the AS Level, each chapter provides the student and teacher with clear information about key concepts, theories and research studies, along with evaluation points to aid students in their revision and exam performance. At the end of each chapter, there are practical classroom activities to promote understanding of ‘How Psychology Works’, consolidate learning and develop the skills of critical analysis and application of psychology.
Generously illustrated, and now in full colour, AQA(B) Psychology for AS is the essential textbook for the AQA(B) student. A new CD-ROM in the back of the book supplies fantastic extra resources for students, including drag-and-drop exercises, self-assessment questions, useful websites and further reading lists.
- Written for the brand new AQA(B) 2008 specifications: clear and student-friendly core textbook for the AS Level
- Experienced senior examiner Julie McLoughlin; bestselling author Donald Pennington - well-known for our current AQA(B) texts
- Now in full colour and completely redesigned - plenty of photographs and illustrations to make text visually pleasing
- Tutor Resource on CD-ROM containing: further classroom activities, Study Skills section, past essay Qs, sample answers & comments, other tutor support material.
- Will be followed in 2009 by the A2 Level core textbook, also with Tutor Resource CD-Rom, making this the complete resource
Table of Contents:
Introducing psychology Chapter 1 Key Approaches in Psychology Chapter 2 Biopsychology Chapter 3 Gender Development Chapter 4 Research Methods Social Psychology, Cognitive Psychology and Individual Differences Chapter 5 Social Influence Chapter 6 Social Cognition Chapter 7 Remembering and forgetting Chapter 8 Perceptual Processes Chapter 9 Anxiety Disorders Chapter 10 Autism The AS examinations
About the Author(s):
Julie McLoughlin, experienced senior examiner at AS and A2 Level and Head of Psychology at The Kingsley School, Leamington Spa.
Donald Pennington, extensive experience of examining at AS and A2 Level. He has written numerous books on social psychology and personality and is Professor of Psychology at Coventry University.
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications