Spanish B for the IB Diploma. Student's Book
[Contains Audio CD]
By Mike Thacker
Distributed by the Trans-Atlantic Publications
372 Pages, Illustrated
$82.50 Paper original
Spanish for the IB Diploma is a brand new suite of resources that make teaching IB Spanish simple and rewarding. It caters for Language B - students learning Spanish as a second language, but at an advanced level.
This Student's Book provides a coherent course that gradually builds skills to help students:
- Become confident and creative linguists
- Achieve the highest grades
- Appreciate the range of Hispanic Culture
The course is based around the desired learner profile of the IB student. It will help students develop into global citizens who are keen to communicate, bring creativity to their learning and are independent, critical thinkers. At every stage opportunities for developing understanding of the Theory of Knowledge are highlighted.
The course delivers the ideal mix of:
- Culturally appropriate stimulus material from across the Hispanic world (including a particular emphasis on the Americas) covering all topics in the IB syllabus
- Carefully crafted tasks to develop all aspects of language learning: reading, writing, speaking and listening. Each copy of the Student's Book includes a free Audio CD providing the tracks for the listening exercises
- Detailed exam-style activities for all aspects of IB Spanish assessment
- Clear explanations and thorough practice of grammar
- Appropriate vocabulary - supported by a comprehensive vocabulary listing in the Teacher's Resource Book
- Provides a comprehensive course. While some publications for the IB are simply an exam-related companion this volume structures learning to provide stepped and level-appropriate material throughout a two year course.
An audio CD which includes all the texts for the listening activities is provided free with each copy of the Student Book.
A starter unit helps to bridge gap from pre-16 exams into the distinctive requirements of the IB.
Grammar points are explained throughout and a comprehensive grammar summary is provided in the Student's Book.
Vocabulary is developed and tested throughout the course.
Each unit includes a Hispanic cultural feature - to give students insight into varying Spanish speaking countries around the world. There is also an 'Observa' feature which highlights and explains key differences in Spanish usage in different countries.
Table of Contents:
Sección 1: Las relaciones sociales
La familia y los amigos
La lengua y la cultura
La educación y la vida social
Práctica para el examen 1
Sección 2: La comunicación y los medios
Los medios de comunicación tradicionales y su impacto
El siglo XXI: la revolución de las comunicaciones
Práctica para el examen 2
Sección 3: Cuestiones globales
El medio ambiente
La economía y los derechos humanos
Práctica para el examen 3
Sección 4: Temas opcionales
Las costumbres, creencias y tradiciones
La diversidad cultural
La ciencia y la tecnología
Práctica para el examen 4
Sección 5: Resumen gramatical
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications