Sigue! Student's Book
By John Connor & David Mort
Distrubuted by Trans-Atlantic Publications Inc.
208 pages, Illustrated
$52.50 Paper Original
¡Sigue! AS Tercera Edición is the first part of a two-stage, post-16 Spanish course. It is a complete coursebook for AS Spanish or Higher Spanish, while stage two, ¡Sigue! A2 Tercera Edición, completes the full Advanced level course. This new edition builds on the strengths of the widely used first two editions of ¡Sigue! and has been fully updated to match the latest specifications.
¡Sigue! AS Tercera Edición provides a practical, motivating transition to AS level work. It develops advanced language skills in the context of a broadening knowledge of Spanish-speaking life and culture.
Features of the new ¡Sigue! AS Tercera Edición Student’s Book include:
· Texts and activities that reflect the style of the latest specification, with full support for the transition from GCSE to AS level
· Prácticas, two pages of grammar exercises at the end of every unit plus a full Grammar Reference section
· Vocabulary boxes, containing essential vocabulary for understanding the texts in each unit, plus a full Glossary and a comprehensive Irregular Verb list
· ¿Cómo se dice? boxes, providing guidance on pronunciation
· ¡Infórmate! boxes, containing background information on the Spanish-speaking world
· Study skills section, offering guidance on developing the four skills needed for success at AS level Spanish.
About the Author(s):
- Fully updated to comply with new AS level specifications
- Endorsement will be sought from OCR
- New transition unit to bridge the gap from GCSE to AS level
- Includes strategies for students to develop thinking skills
- Improved support sections for grammar and vocabulary
- A website will be created to support this course
John Connor has extensive teaching and writing experience. A former Head of Language Faculty and LEA Adviser, he is the author of a number of Spanish teaching resources and now works freelance as a writer, teacher trainer and examiner for GCSE and A level Spanish. David Mort has extensive experience in post-16 language teaching and was previously Head of French at Stockport Grammar School.
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications