War & the Transformation of British Society 1903-1928
By Steve Waugh & John Wright
Distributed by Trans-Atlantic Publications
126 pages, Illustrated
$29.50 Paper original
About the series
Endorsed by Edexcel, this series is designed to support the Edexcel GCSE Modern World History specification. Written by senior examiners, the series has been developed in order to help students achieve the highest possible grades through:
- outlining key lines of enquiry
- full coverage of the content requirements of the specification
- model answers, exam-style questions and exam tips to aid exam preparation
- a variety of activities to motivate students.
About the book
This book has been written to support the content and assessment requirements of the Modern World Source Enquiry 'War and the Transformation of British Society 1903–1928’ in Unit 3 of the Edexcel GCSE Modern World History specification. It has a skills-centred, source-based approach making it an ideal support for students studying this option for their controlled assessment.
Other titles in the series
A divided union? The USA 1945–1970
Peace and War: International Relations 1945-1991
The USA 1919–1941
War and the transformation of British society 1931–51
- Supports the content and assessment requirements of this option in the Edexcel GCSE Modern World History specification.
- Provides dedicated progressive support with assessment – including model answers, exam-style questions and exam tips to aid exam preparation.
- Contains a variety of activities to motivate all students.
- Written by senior examiners.
Endorsed by Edexcel.
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1 The activities of the women’s societies and the reaction of the authorities
Chapter 2 Children’s welfare measures, old age pensions
Chapter 3 Labour Exchanges 1909, the National Insurance Act 1911
Chapter 4 The BEF and 1914
Chapter 5 Britain’s contribution to the Western Front 1915–17
Chapter 6 The end of the war
Chapter 7 DORA, censorship and propaganda
Chapter 8 Recruitment and rationing
Chapter 9 The part played by women
Chapter 10 The changing role of women 1918–28
Chapter 11 Industrial unrest 1918–27
Chapter 12 The General Strike of 1926
GCSE History students studying this option
Return to the Businesss Titles Home Page