Inter-War Crisis 1919-1939
By R.J. Overy
$36.50 Paper original
OUT OF PRINT
Studies the political and economic turmoil of the inter-war period. Seeks to explain why dictatorships replaced democracy in Italy, Spain, Germany, the Baltic States, and the Balkans.
Part One: The Background.
1. What Kind of Crisis. Part Two: Analysis.
2. Revolution and Counter-Revolution.
3. A Crisis of Modernization.
4. The Great Crash.
5. Democracy and Dictatorship.
6. The International Crisis.
Part Three: Assessment.
7. The Challenge of Progress.
Part Four: Documents.
" Considers why the world slid into war once more in 1939.
" Compares inter-war years with the 1990s and asks whether the world is in crisis again.
'Charts with admirable clarity the problems which challenged the world'
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications