From Second Reich to Third Reich
Access to History Series
By Geoff Layton
Distrubuted by Trans-Atlantic Publications Inc.
272 pages, Illustrated
$29.50 Paper Original
The Access to History series is the most popular and trusted series for AS and A level history students. The new editions combine all the strengths of this well-loved series with a new design and features that allow all students access to the content and study skills needed to achieve exam success. This is a new edition combining content from 'Weimar and the rise of Nazi Germany' with 'Germany: The Third Reich' to provide coherent and comprehensive coverage of the 2008 Edexcel AS specification.
It charts the developments in Germany from the Weimar years, to life in Nazi Germany and ultimately the fall of the Third Reich; and includes a concluding chapter drawing together the themes of this topic. Throughout the book key dates, terms and issues are highlighted, and historical interpretations of key debates are outlined. Summary diagrams are included to consolidate knowledge and understanding of the period, and exam-style questions and tips written by an examiner provide the opportunity to develop exam skills.
About the Author(s):
- Revised edition for the requirements of the 2008 Edexcel specifications
- Study guides written by examiners contain exercises and advice on tackling differentiated exam questions for AS Level.
- Contains the latest historical interpretations of themes and issues.
- Features include: points to consider, key issues and key dates.
- Features such as key definitions and questions to aid learning.
- More support with assessment and exam skills.
- Designed to allow greater accessibility to a wide range of AS students.
Geoff Layton is an experienced A Level History author, specialising in the 20th Century history of Germany.
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications