As a vegetarian you already know how important it is to maintain a healthy, balanced diet. But being pregnant aswell can make it seem even harder to eat and drink in a way that will keep you healthy, your baby safe and provide the ideal fuel for growth and development.
What to Eat When You’re Pregnant and Vegetarian is your no-nonsense companion. This handy, compact book is the definitive healthy-eating guide for vegetarians who are expecting and provides expert guidance on what foods are safe and what you should steer clear of.
About the author
- How to have a healthy vegetarian pregnancy
- Preparing for pregnancy
- Planning a healthy diet
- A healthy weight gain for pregnancy
- Foods and drinks to avoid and those you don’t need to
- Getting enough iron and avoiding anaemia
- Other essential vitamins and minerals
- Omega 3 fatty acids – what’s all the fuss about?
- Should I take supplements?
- Common complaints and how to deal with them
- Breastfeeding – the best diet for you and your baby