Philip Allan Literature Guide for A-Level
By Emily Bronte
Edited by Andrew Green
Distributed by Trans-Atlantic Publications
$24.95 Paper original
Written by experienced A-level examiners and teachers who know exactly what students need to succeed, and edited by a chief examiner, Philip Allan Literature Guides (for A-level) are invaluable study companions with exam-specific advice to help you to get the grade you need.
This full colour guide includes:
- detailed scene summaries and sections on themes, characters, form, structure, language and contexts
- a dedicated 'Working with the text' section on how to write about texts for coursework and controlled assessment and how to revise for exams
- Taking it further boxes on related books, film adaptations and websites
- Pause for thought boxes to get you thinking more widely about the text
- Task boxes to test yourself on transformation, analysis, research and comparison activities
- Top 10 quotes
PLUS FREE REVISION RESOURCES at www.philipallan.co.uk/literatureguidesonline, including a glossary of literary terms and concepts, revision advice, sample essays with student answers and examiners comments, interactive questions, revision podcasts, flash cards and spider diagrams, links to unmissable websites, and answers to tasks set in the guide.
- Understand the text and its contexts
- Learn how to maximise your grade
- Written by teachers and examiners
- Free online revision
Table of Contents:
Using this guide
Chapter summaries and commentaries
Form, structure and language
Working with the text
Meeting the Assessment Objectives
Top ten quotations
Taking it further
About the Author(s):
Andrew Green is Senior Lecturer in English Education at Brunel University, where he leads the MA in Education and teaches on the MA in Creative and Professional Writing. He is author of numerous literary articles, A-level student text guides, A-level resources and a recent book on making the transition from A-level to university, as well as academic papers on the subject of English A-level and Higher Education English.
The series editor Nicola Onyett is Chief Examiner for English Literature for a major examination board and has extensive experience of teaching at GCSE, AS, A2 and university level. She is an editor of The English Review.
Return to the Businesss Titles Home Page