Get straight to the heart of Shakespeare's Macbeth; students' confidence and understanding develop faster as they explore the plot, themes and Shakespeare's language, which is supported throughout this abridged play text from Globe Education.
- Reduces the length of the play by a third, while preserving the intricacies of the plot, enabling students to engage with the whole story in the class time available
- Builds understanding of Shakespeare's language by providing a detailed glossary alongside the text for quick and easy reference, plus a range of language-focused activities
- Offers a tried-and-tested approach to introducing Shakespeare, based on Globe Education's shortened 'Playing Shakespeare' productions that have been seen and appreciated by over 150,000 students
- Helps students form their own personal responses to Shakespeare's Macbeth, stimulated by stunning photographs from Globe productions and questions that reflect on context, characters and themes
- Lays the foundations for GCSE success by including activities that target the skills needed for the assessment objectives