Macroeconomics, 2nd edition
By Manfred Gartner
Prentice Hall / Pearson
528 pages, Illustrated, 7 1/2 x 9 3/4"
Praised for its lively and engaging writing style, the 2nd edition of this truly European intermediate-level Macroeconomics text has been updated to include recent developments in the world of European Business. The author covers macroeconomic theory and uniquely applies it to issues affecting the European Union, whilst staying true to its rigorous policy-orientated appeal. This makes the text an ideal choice for all students wishing to expand their knowledge and challenge their understanding. The author is Professor of Economics at the University of St Gallen, Switzerland.
1. MACROECONOMIC ESSENTIALS
2. BOOMS AND RECESSIONS (I): the Keynesian cross
3. MONEY, INTEREST RATES AND THE GLOBAL ECONOMY
4. EXCHANGE RATES AND THE BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
5. BOOMS AND RECESSIONS (II): the national economy
6. ENTER AGGREGATE SUPPLY
7. BOOMS AND RECESSIONS (III): aggregate supply and demand
8. BOOMS AND RECESSIONS (IV): dynamic aggregate supply and demand
9. ECONOMIC GROWTH (I): basics
10. ECONOMIC GROWTH (II): advanced issues
11. ENDOGENOUS ECONOMIC POLICY
12.THE EUROPEAN MONETARY SYSTEM AND EUROLAND AT WORK
13. INFLATION AND CENTRAL BANK INDEPENDENCE
14. BUDGET DEFICITS AND PUBLIC DEBT
15. UNEMPLOYMENT AND GROWTH
16. REAL BUSINESS CYCLES AND STICKY PRICES: new perspectives on booms and recessions
* Fresh and relevant case studies on issues affecting Europe and international experiences from outside Europe to engage and motivate students
* Comprehensive and rigorous approach to macroeconomics encourages students to think behind the issues and stretch their learning to maximum effect.
* Tables, boxes, diagrams and graphs illuminate the arguments put forward and help to break up the text
* Chapter objectives and summaries, margin notes, key terms and concepts, recommended reading and exercises ensure constant self assessment and practice.
* Full and improved resource package to include for lecturers: Online Instructor’s Manual and PowerPoint Slides, for students: Multiple Choice Questions, Index cards, Interactive Models and much more
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications