Practical Cookery, Level 3. 5th edition
By John Campbell, et al.
Distrubuted by Trans-Atlantic Publications Inc.
414 pages , Illustrated
$79.50 Paper original
A core student book tailor-made to support learning for the new Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery (VRQ).
Retaining the pedigree and reliability of Advanced Practical Cookery, combined with engaging features, this new book is written by expert authors to ensure your students are fully prepared and have everything they need to succeed on level 3 courses in food preparation and cookery.
As well as being a perfect match for the Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery, this book also supports other qualifications, including NVQs in Food Preparation and Cookery, Kitchen and Larder, and Patisserie and Confectionery.
- Students learn from authors who have unbeatable educational credentials; two of the top Catering educators in the UK and a renowned two Michelin-starred chef and Catey Chef of the Year
- The entire book is mapped to the course specification so students know exactly what they need to learn as they proceed through the course
- Professionally taken finished dish photos illustrate most recipes in the book, and numerous step-by-step sequences show complex techniques
- New recipes ensure a complete and precise fit with the course specification
- Chef's tips give students hints, information and valuable advice to further develop their skills and understanding
- Complete coverage of the theory units with lots of practical activities giving students useful guidance for theory assignments
Table of Contents:
Supervisory skills in the hospitality industry
Supervising food safety in catering
Producing vegetable and vegetarian dishes
Producing meat dishes
Producing poultry and game dishes
Producing fish and shellfish dishes
Producing desserts, patisserie, fermented products and petits fours
Food product development
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications